I am excited to share with everyone that I'll be doing another webinar! This time, it's for Follett. I'm so happy to have this opportunity to share my ideas with everyone. It will be recorded, so by signing up you will be emailed a link which you can watch afterwards.
When is it?
Title: Enhance Your Library: Save Time & Build a Smarter Collection
Date: Thursday, December 15, 2016
Time: 08:00 AM Central Standard Time
Duration: 1 hour
What's it About?
What makes a dynamic and effective library? And who are the best partners to engage in creating it? The answers to those questions—and so much more—will be explored in this fascinating webinar, perfect for all educators, whether you follow the IB curriculum or not. Kendra Perkins discusses ways she has collaborated with both teachers and students—during what she calls “subject chats”—to inform her decisions and processes regarding her library collection. She will share best practices on creating and maintaining an inspiring IB library where both students and teachers feel engaged.
Kendra will highlight her experiences with:
- Purposeful discussions with teachers and students
- Facilitating “subject chats”
- Engaging DP, MYP, and PYP coordinators
- Building relationships with new and existing staff
- Making informed content purchases, especially for Extended Essay (EE), Theory of Knowledge (TOK), and Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS)